Libraries in Wenzhou
Located at the west side of the Century Square in the downtown area, Wenzhou Library occupies a total area of 21,000 square meters and covers a building area of 32,000 square meters. As the largest public library in Wenzhou, Wenzhou Library owns a collection of more than 3 million volumes of books, and provides convenient book lending services with its 3,000 library seats and a daily reception capacity of 5,000 visitors.
• Website: www.wzlib.cn
• Opening Hours: 08:30 - 11:30 / 13:30 - 17:00 (Monday to Sunday)
• Add: Shifu Road (市府路), Lucheng District, Wenzhou
• Tel: 0577-88962666
• Library Card Application:
1. Applicable by both Chinese and foreigners at or over the age of 13;
2. Apply with your identity card or passport and fill out an application form;
3. RMB 100 as the advance deposit for your card and RMB 20 as the registration fee.
Neighboring Zhongshan Park in the city center, Wenzhou Children’s Library was built in 1986 with a total area of 9,600 square meters. In 2012, the library was reconstructed and decorated to provide a more comfortable environment for young readers. As a library specially designed for children, it owns a collection of more than 800,000 volumes of books and offer professional boo lending services to Wenzhou’s adolescents.
• Website: www.wzst.cn
• Opening Hours: 08:30 – 17:00 from Monday to Sunday; Closed on Wednesday mornings
• Add: No. 2, Yuanxi Lane (园西巷), Lucheng District, Wenzhou
• Tel: 0577-88840700